Boating is one of the most relaxing and enjoyable experiences in life. From your first navigational experience you will soon realize how easy it is to sail away and leave your troubles behind but sometimes your sailing skills aren’t always enough!
Purchasing and maintaining a yacht or motor boat involves a considerable expense, which makes it imperative to have adequate insurance cover for the associated risks involved covering the vessel not only at sea but even whilst your vessel is moored, in storage ashore or being transported.
COVER ON THE VESSEL
Protection for your craft in respect of :
- Accidental damage to the vessel
- Earthquake, lightning
- Theft of entire vessel
- Theft or attempted theft of the tender or locked outboard motor
- War and associated risks
THIRD PARTY LIABILITY
- Cover for personal Injury to another person or your passengers for which you are liable
- Cover for accidental damage to third party property (such as another boat or a marina)
- Personal Accident Cover for you and any other person aboard the vessel with your permission
Some covers offer the following additional benefits:-
- Loss of or damage to trailer
- Personal Effects on the boat
- Dropping off or falling overboard of outboard Motor
- Salvage charges
- Sighting of bottom after grounding
- Removal of wreck
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL COVER
- Sailing outside Maltese Territorial Waters
- Propellor Fouling
- Machinery Breakdown Cover
- Yacht Racing
- Water Sports Liability whilst vessel is used for Water Skiing
- 12 Months in-Commission Period
COMMERCIAL MARINE VESSELS
The risk exposure when operating a commercial marine vessel is higher especially when carrying passengers and crew. It is therefore imperative that you take out a policy which covers such higher risk exposures.
There are various other additional benefits and different covers available on the market so enquire for a quotation.